Wet Cupping Therapy, is an ancient form of therapy that has been used in the treatment of a broad range of conditions.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
‘Hijama’ in arabic is derived from ‘hajm’ which means ‘sucking’ Cupping (hijama), is the process of applying cups to various points on the body by removing the air inside the cups to form a vacuum.
Hijama Wet Cupping is the best remedy recommended and used by the messenger (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). The messenger (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “Indeed the best of remedies you have is cupping (hijama)…” [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5371)].
The aim of Wet cupping is to extract blood that is believed to be harmful from the body in an attempt to promote well-being.
- It causes tissues to release toxins
- It stimulates the immune system and enhances the body’s defence
- It releases chemicals in the brain that reduce stress and depression
- It influences the composition of blood as it increases red and white blood cells leading to the purification of blood
- It is beneficial in beauty therapy as it promotes the production